enBio continually recruits knowledgable technicians and biomedical equipment experts to serve our growing client base. We thrive on continual learning and require our team to keep up to date on the latest certifications, technology trends and compliance initiatives that impact the healthcare industry.
If you feel you have the background and skills to deliver world-class service, we’d like to hear from you. We accept cover letters and résumés in PDF format at email@example.com.
Biomedical Technician Job Description
Under relatively close supervision, repair, calibrate, and maintain all types of basic clinical equipment technologies, devices, instruments, and systems. Inspect, install, and provide preventive maintenance of general clinical equipment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Repair, install, maintain, calibrate, and inspect a diverse range of therapeutic and diagnostic biomedical instrumentation and equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance and electrical safety testing of clinical equipment, devices, and systems.
- Diagnose and correct system and equipment malfunctions.
- Maintain documentation on new equipment, inspections, and equipment repairs and failures.
- Schedule and oversee third-party repair as necessary.
- Provide technical assistance and instruction on equipment operation and maintenance to personnel.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Individual will work under close supervision of the Territory Manager and the Regional Director.
Individual will maintain good personal relationships with fellow workers, nursing and medical staff, vendors, manufacturers, and the general public. Will be expected to participate in meetings, seminars, training, workshops, and conferences as required. May coordinate and deliver technical in-service education sessions to users as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed and meet the amount of education, training, and/or work experience required.
Associate’s degree in electronic or biomedical equipment technology is highly desirable, as well as a minimum of six months’ or more experience in the repair and maintenance of medical equipment. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of electronic theory, technology, and test equipment.
- Knowledge of basic anatomy and physiology as applied to use of biomedical equipment.
- Knowledge of color code conventions used in component and wiring marking.
- Knowledge of department policies, procedures, and standards, as well as general applications such as e-mail, database management, spreadsheet, and word processing software.
- Ability to analyze, repair, and test electronic and electromechanical equipment.
- Ability to perform preventive maintenance inspections.
- Ability to run diagnostic programs.
- Ability to comprehend instructions and effectively communicate.
- Ability to maintain accurate records of repairs, calibration and tests.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds of equipment; to push/pull equipment carts; and to kneel, stand, bend, and reach during equipment repair.
- Ability to travel extensively within a defined territory up to 80% of weekly hours.
- Ability for occasional overnight travel.
- Skill in testing electronic equipment.
- Skill in manual dexterity, hand-to-eye coordination, and color vision.
enBio believes that diversity brings great strength to organizations to learn more about our diversity program please click here.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the only standards for the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required.enBio has the right to revise this job description at any time. enBio is an “at will” employer and as such, neither this job description nor applicant signature constitutes any form of contractual arrangement between the applicant and enBio.